Prevent Child Abuse
Tragically, an average of 3 children die each day as a result of child maltreatment. We all have a role to play - during April and throughout the year - to help prevent child abuse every day.
Remember the "Five R's", courtesy of Prevent Child Abuse America:
1. Raise the issue: Contact your local community leaders to educate them about the need for child abuse prevention, intervention, and treatment programs.
2. Reach out to kids and parents in your community: Be a good neighbor. Offer to baby-sit. Donate your children's used clothing, furniture, and toys for use by another family. Be kind and supportive, particularly to new parents and children.
3. Remember the risk factors in families: Parents who abuse alcohol or drugs, are isolated, have difficulty controlling their anger, appear uninterested in the care of their children, or seem to be having serious economic, housing, or personal problems.
4. Recognize the warning signs in children: Aggression, sudden changes in behavior, sexually inappropriate behavior, unexplained bruises, poor hygiene.
5. Report suspected abuse and neglect: 1-800-342-3720 (24 hours/ 7 days a week)
For information on this event and other upcoming events, call us at